Wednesday, May 18, 2016

♡My Day at EDC♡



Hey folks! I wanted to tell you guys about this festival I went to the past Sunday called Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC). So EDC is actually a music festival, and not just any music, ELECTRIC DANCE MUSIC! I'm sure you've heard edm/ rave music before either on the radio, youtube, or in the background of a youtuber's video. This was my third EDC ever, I went to EDC in 2013, 2014, and this year! EDC is held every May in New York City and every June in Las Vegas, which is the bigger and better EDC :O EDC NYC is 2 days while EDC LV is 3 days, plus LV gets the more famous DJs. I only went one day this year, cause I was coming back down from college.


So this is what I wore; the guy next to me is my really good guy friend since high school!






Bow Headband - EDC merchandise store
Floral Copped Tank - Forever 21
Leggings - Forever 21
Hoodie wrapped around my waist - a customized hoodie from photography club in high school


A lot of famous DJs come to perform here and the best ones usually play toward the end of the festival or even close the show. This festival is a full day festival with a bunch of food vendors, a couple of different stages for different genres within edm (trance, trap, techno, hard style, etc.)

I arrived at 2pm because my friends and I kinda got ready a little late haha, but most people go around this time or even later. We walked around and then headed to the main stage which had the really big owl head! The stage was enormous and very decorative.


My favorite artist who performed had to be OLIVER HELDENS <3 I freaking love this guy.. I loved his songs before but now that I saw him play a live set, and do a little shuffling on stage, I can say my new goal in life is to meet him.

It was so cold that day too like 50-60 degrees, and it drizzled for like 30 minutes, but then out came a beautiful rainbow!

candid w/ the rainbow
  


The food was so expensive too! I got a banh mi sandwich, which sucked btw, and it was $10 for a smaller than average banh mi sandwich (vietnamese sandwich). At least water was free though, they had water stations located throughout the whole place. But holy moly, my body ached like crazy towards the last set which was played by Kaskade. Oliver's set was mainly the reason I ran out of energy so fast hehe ^-^



Did you know that EDC is held in the parking lot of a baseball stadium?? LOL it's funny when you think of it that way, but yeah thousands of people basically danced in a huge parking lot.

I'll probably make another post about preparing for festivals and what not to do and other stuff, yeah??!

But here are more pictures at EDC! ^-^



Me tired as hell at the end of the night ^-^
I saw Josh Peck at EDC guys
My friend trying to photobomb me and the cute mushrooms

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment